Nothing wrong with some carbs in the form of quinoa. Although most plant-based foods do not contain complete proteins containing all of the essential amino acids, quinoa does. Winner.
- 1 large skinless chicken breast (around 210g)
- cajun seasoning
- avocado (1/4 sliced)
- handful of watercress
- 150g cooked beetroot quinoa
- 1 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 of a sliced fresh red chilli
- pinch of garden cress
- 1 tablespoon of crème fraîche
- sea salt flakes and cracked black pepper
- Oven-bake the chicken breast with the cajun seasoning. (CLICK HERE TO SEE HOW).
- Place a handful of watercress on a plate and place the beetroot quinoa on top (I purchased a pre-made pack, but feel free to cook your own – the beetroot part is optional).
- Add the avocado on top.
- Finally place the sliced chicken breast on top, and finish with the crème fraîche, sliced chilli and cress.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar on top and season with salt and pepper.